Tropico 6 review
Tropico 6 is an economics-focused simulation video game set in an open world environment. The player acts as the island's dictator, and their main objective is to maintain their power while fulfilling certain objectives. The game was developed by Limbic Entertainment and published by Kalypso Media. Tropico 6 is a city-building simulation game set on a remote island off the coast of Venezuela. The player takes the role of El Presidente, the dictator of the nation, starting in the year 1957. The game features a campaign mode with 11 missions with objectives including sabotaging an independence day parade and fending off a coup. The player can also play freely in any era, and take on different objectives with the islands' population and their resources.
The gameplay for Tropico 6 is split into two phases. There is the executive phase, which is where the player is able to manage the island and its economy. The executive phase is broken down into 10 sections.
- The first section is the island overview, which is where the player is able to explore the island and make changes to it.
- The second section is the economy, which is where the player is able to manage their budget, provide jobs to their people and plan their city's growth.
- The third section is the government, where the player is able to make decisions about their leadership.
- The fourth section is the people, where the player can manage the happiness of their people as well as any side projects they are involved in.
- The fifth section is the military, where the player can manage their army and their military production.
- The sixth section is the spy network, where the player can manage their spy network and assign any new spies they have unlocked.
- The seventh section is the media, where the player is able to manage their propaganda and influence.
- The eighth section is the prestige, where the player is able to manage their prestige and unlock new abilities by investing it in certain areas.
- The ninth section is the disasters, where the player is able to manage their disaster management and prepare for disasters.
- The tenth section is the events, which is where the player is able to accept or reject any event proposals.
Once the player has managed their island in the executive phase they are able to enter the campaign phase. The campaign phase is where the player is able to take on missions. There are three types of missions which are military, economic and political. There are also three levels of difficulty. Missions will have different objectives which the player must reach in order to be successful.
The graphics in Tropico 6 are designed to be more realistic than the graphics in Tropico 5. The game has been designed to run smoothly on both low and high end PCs.
Tropico 6 is a game that has been designed to be easy to play while still providing an enjoyable experience. The game has been designed in such a way that it is less likely to be confusing to players and that it will be possible to complete the missions given without too much difficulty.
- The gameplay is split into two phases, which makes it easier for players to learn how to play
- The graphics are more realistic than Tropico 5
- The game is designed to run smoothly on both low and high end PCs
- The game has been designed in such a way that it is less likely to be confusing to players and that it will be possible to complete the missions given without too much difficulty
- There are no multiplayer modes
- There is no campaign mode