Restoring Deleted Stories on Instagram: Step by Step Method
Deleting important Instagram stories is never fun, but if this is something that has happened to you, there are things that you can do to save the situation. If you have deleted the story in the last 30 days, it will be easy to bring it back thanks to the Recently Deleted folder introduced by Instagram. This archive keeps all your deleted content for 30 days just in case you have doubts and want to restore your videos, photos, or stories. In this article, you can find out how you can get your stories back in a few minutes and the steps are relevant for iPhones.
Quickly restoring deleted Instagram stories
The previously mentioned archive feature has been added quite recently, so if you don’t have it, you should update your Instagram app. When this process is complete, you should then:
- Open the app and go to your profile. There you can see an icon featuring three lines in the upper right corner of your profile.
- By clicking on the icon, more options will be opened and you should go to the Settings menu.
- When you open Settings, you can choose the ‘Account’ option there.
- There will be a Recently Deleted option almost at the bottom of the menu.
- In the folder, you can scroll through all the different files you may have deleted in the past 30 days. All you have to do now is click on the story that you want to bring back to your account.
- After you have opened the story that you want to restore, you should click on the triple-dot menu icon at the bottom of the screen.
- The menu will have the ‘Restore’ option that you need to click on to confirm.
- Next, choose “Restore” from the pop-up menu.
As you can see, the process is easy and quick. If you have deleted the story from the archive, it will be back there after you restore it. If you had your stories in the Highlights or they were still up within the 24-hour period, users will be able to interact with them again.
While this article is tailored to iPhone users, the feature is present on Android smartphones as well, but you should make sure that your Instagram app is updated.
Don’t lose your stories again
Now that you know about this method, you don’t have to worry about accidentally deleting any content you have on Instagram. The most important thing is to not postpone restoring your files as they will be deleted permanently in just a month.
Do you have any questions about this method? Have you already tried using it? Share your experience in the comments below.